1) Today is the last day to enroll in Elieen Sorg's Mix Media Workshop taking place this Sat Nov 16th. There are 2 spots left. This will be a great event and I am sure all attending will learn something new. Find more info here and submit and enrollment form here.
2) Check out new member, Susan Pope's profile on gnsinw.org here. It is fun to see what other science illustrators are creating. If you want a member profile created or updated, send me an email with several images (~9x7 in) and an artist bio. If that is too much trouble, you can have your email, profile or website liked next to your name here.
3) Event planning has been in the works for 2014. Along with a great team planning the convention center exhibit, I have been planning 4 workshops. Some are farther along than others in the planning.
- Feb 15th - How to I.D. birds with ornithologist Dennis Paulson at the Slater Museum +Titlow Beach.
- Date TBA - Grant How-to and Arachnids with Marlin Peterson
- Date TBA - "Round Robin" media workshop where attendee's present their favorite SI tools. A opportunity to learn about other members and see how other artists utilize the many tools available to make crate SI's.
- Date TBA - Scratch board.
If you have idea's for workshops, field trips, exhibits, want to share art and accomplishments, or want to present your favorite SI media for the round robin workshop let me know!